What's Included in the Tour Price
Inter-city Travel: By private motorcoach, trains and ferries (see brochures for further details)
Touring: By air-conditioned / air-ventilated motorcoaches. Please note that on some Regional European First Class Tours and London sightseeing, motorcoaches without toilet facilities are used. In the Middle East and South America, air-conditioned / air-ventilated motorcoaches (or minibuses) without toilet facilities are used. If due to circumstances beyond our control coaches are used otherwise than as advertised, a refund of US$10 per person will be made.
Trains: Tours LPRM & PARM use 6-person couchette compartments. Tours LPRS, LPRL, PARS & PARL use 2-berth sleeper compartments.
Air Transportation: Air transportation is only included in the Land price when indicated on specific itineraries.
Hotel Accommodation: Prices are per person and based on two persons sharing a twin-bedded room with private bath or shower. When booking triple rooms please note that the third bed may be a ¡®roll-away¡¯ bed. Availability of triple rooms is limited. Note that single rooms in European hotels are generally smaller than twin-bedded rooms and European hotel standards, facilities and services provided may vary from those in other parts of the world and are often local in style. Many hotels in North America are now 100% smoke-free. This smoke-free policy includes all guest rooms, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, public spaces, and employee work areas. Smoking in a non-smoking room will result in a fine of up to US$350 per room. Quad rooms are only available on Family Experiences tours. Substitute hotels may be used at certain times and will be of similar standard whenever possible.
There are a limited number of twin-shared rooms available with our Room Share Service. Passengers who are members of Hotel Frequent Traveller programmes are not entitled to earn points with any of the hotels featured on a Trafalgar tour.
Special room requests such as handicapped, smoking/non-smoking, adjacent, connecting or lower-floor rooms must be requested at time of booking. These special room requests cannot be guaranteed and are based on availability at the time of check-in.
Cruises: Per person prices are based on two persons sharing a cabin with two berths, private shower and toilet. A limited number of single cabins are available at extra cost. On Nile cruises, triple rooms are only available if the third occupant is a child under the age of 12.
Tour Director: Escorted tours are conducted in English only by a professional multi-lingual Tour Director. Our European City Breaks include a Trafalgar Representative in London and Rome only.
Meals: In-flight meals and snacks are served according to airline policy. Continental or buffet breakfast on all European First Class tours except in Ireland and provincial Britain (not including London) where full national style breakfasts are served. Dinners are included as detailed on itineraries. All meals are included on cruises. In the USA and Canada, Full American breakfasts are served when available. When not available, a Continental breakfast is served. Dinners and lunches are included as detailed on itineraries.
Sightseeing: Excursions and entrance fees to places of interest visited as detailed on each itinerary with an English-speaking guide where necessary.
Transfers: Between airports, hotels, railway stations and piers, where indicated as per times, locations and conditions specified in Trafalgar's brochure.
Porterage: Baggage handling for one suitcase per person on tour, at hotels, is included in the tour price. Due to limited coach capacity, this single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 30"x18"x10" (76x46x25cm) and weight not exceeding 50 lbs (23kg). A charge of up to US$5 per travelling day will be collected by the Tour Director if a second piece of baggage is carried, or if the suitcase exceeds the established weight and/or dimensions. However it cannot be guaranteed that more than one suitcase will be carried. Hand luggage should be one piece per person and should be limited in size (not exceeding 30x28x14cm or 12¡±x11¡±x6¡±) so as to fit under your coach seat or in the small overhead shelf. These are the responsibility of each tour member and should be taken onto the motorcoach with you. Please note that luggage with telescopic handles and wheels will not fit in the overhead compartments and can therefore not be accepted as carry-on luggage for safety reasons.
Porterage at train stations is not included. Trafalgar will not accept liability for any loss or damage to baggage or any of the passenger's belongings. Passengers should report any lost items to the Tour Director who will assist in completing a lost property form that can be used for any insurance claim in this matter. However, Trafalgar cannot assist in locating any lost items once the passenger has returned home.
Airlines may impose stricter weight and size limits for luggage and may also charge fees for checked baggage, including the first checked bag. Please check with your airline(s) directly for baggage regulations and related fees. Trafalgar is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers regarding baggage.
If taking the Galapagos Island Extension there is a luggage weight restriction of 44 lbs.
Tips and Taxes: All tips are included for services on tour provided by dining-room waiters, chambermaids and porters at hotels, airports and docks.
What's Not Included in the Tour Price
Airfares to and from your destination, except where specified, airport taxes and fees; passport and visa fees; airline fees for checked and/or excess baggage; airport transfers except where indicated; insurances of all kinds; tips to Tour Directors, motorcoach drivers, local city guides and cruise staff; gratuities on ferries, trains and cruise ships; porterage at train stations; laundry; phone calls; minibar; beverages; meals not detailed in the itinerary; optional excursions; and all items of a personal nature. The tour price also does not cover costs and expenses, including the return to your home, if you leave the tour at your own volition or due to illness, or as a consequence of official action by the government of any country visited.
Airline Seating: Seat assignment and special meals can be requested at time of booking. Trafalgar cannot guarantee confirmation of preferences. Frequent Flyer miles can be accrued on most air carriers but upgrades using mileage is not permitted. Seating is solely under control of the airline and subject to change up until departure. Flight delays and schedule changes are the sole responsibility of the airline.
*Port charges, government fees and taxes on cruises are subject to change without notice. Rail/cruise+tour combinations do not include tips on either the train or cruise ship, these are the sole responsibility of the passenger.
Reservations and Payment
Tour Only: R1000 Deposit Required within 7 days. Final Payment due 45 days prior to departure.
Tour & Cruise: R2500 Deposit Required within 7 days. Final Payment due 75 days prior to departure.
River Cruises & China: R1500 Deposit Required within 7 days. Final Payment due 90 days prior to departure.
1. Your tour reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a non-refundable/non-transferable deposit (as outlined above) per tour which must be within 7 days of booking (except on some departures where space is limited and your deposit may be required sooner. You will be advised at time of booking) or the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
2. Full and final payment is due no later than 90 days (River Cruises & China), 75 days (Tour & Cruise) or 45 days (Tour Only) prior to departure from South Africa.
3. Trafalgar reserves the right to cancel the reservation and impose cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods. Trafalgar we will not be responsible for lost reservations.
4. Your agent shall, on receipt of any monies, hold such monies for each and every person named in the booking until the booking s confirmed at which times those monies shall be remitted promptly by you Travel Agent to us. All such monies received by us will be deposited as required by law. It is a condition of our confirmation of your booking and acceptance of your deposit in respect of your tour, that all monies paid by you to us through your Travel Agent, whether by way of deposit of otherwise in respect of your tour, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit or in respect of the services to be provided or fees payable under the tour program, and the payment of a deposit or otherwise for your tour, shall be deemed to be a direction to disburse such monies as aforesaid.
5. Any special meal requirements will be made on a request basis only. Trafalgar cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if passengers' special meal requests are not fulfilled.
6. Any change or substitute of a passenger name within 90 days (River Cruises & China), 75 days (Tour & Cruise) or 45 days (Tour Only) will be deemed a cancellation, and applicable cancellation fees will be applied.
7. Some tours offer add-on flights from London to European gateways. This supplement must be paid in full within 7 days of booking and is non-refundable.
Travel documents will be sent to you approximately 21 days prior to departure from South Africa (providing full payment has been received on time). If you are leaving home earlier please ask your Travel Agent to request your travel documents in good time.
Booking Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
A fee of R200 per person (per change) will be charged for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed unless the change increases the value of the booking. A change of tour date or tour itinerary within 90 days (River Cruises & China), 75 days (Tour & Cruise) or 45 days (Tour Only) prior to tour departure will be treated as a cancellation, and normal cancellation fees will apply except when the change is to an earlier tour departure of equivalent or greater value, in which case a R200 per person amendment fee will be charged.
Cancellations and Cancellation Fees:
If you cancel more than 90 days prior to a River Cruise or China departure, 75 days prior to a Tour & Cruise departure or 45 days prior to a Tour Only and South America tour departure, a cancellation fee equal to your deposit paid will be charged, and this amount cannot be credited to any other booking.
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing either directly to Trafalgar or through your Travel Agent.
The following scale of charges will apply when notice of cancellation for River Cruise, Tour & Cruise and Tour Only is given prior to tour departure. Please also refer to Trafalgar¡¯s Gold Seal Additional Protection.
Tour Only (Land Tours)
No. of days prior to tour departure* and Cancellation Free as a % of total price:
Over 45 days: R1000
45 - 22 days: 25%
21 - 8 days: 30%
7 - 1 days: 50%
Departure day or later/no show: 100%
Tour & Cruise
No. of days prior to tour departure* and Cancellation Free as a % of total price:
Over 75 days: R2500
75 - 46 days: 38.5%
45 - 16 days: 55%
15 - 8 days: 82.5%
7 days or less / no show: 100%
River Cruise & China
No. of days prior to tour departure* and Cancellation Free as a % of total price:
90 days or more: R1500**
89 - 60 days: 35%**
59 - 30 days: 50%**
Less than 30 days: 100%**
Departure day or later / no show: 100%**
*The departure date constitutes the date indicated on Trafalgar's confirmation. If you do not join the tour on the day of departure, cancellation fees will be 100%.
**Fare is defined as the cost of any cruise element bought from Uniworld River Cruises Inc.
Extra night hotel accommodation that is cancelled within 14 days of the booked date incurs a 100% cancellation fee; For Canada and North America, accommodation cancelled outside 14 days, a R200 per person amendment fee applies. For all other destinations, when accommodation is cancelled outside 14 days, the cancellation fees are:
Over 45 days: R200 per person
45 - 22 days: 30%
21 - 15 days: 50%
Above mentioned cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent.
Airline Flights: If flight changes are requested after the deposit has been received, or if flights are cancelled, revision fees, change fees or Airline cancellation fees will be applicable and may be in addition to the above cancellation charges.
Refunds and Penalties:
Illness or Absenteeism: In the event of your withdrawal from a tour after commencement for reasons of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. We regret that no refunds can be made for absences from a tour, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing. Trafalgar makes no representation or guarantees concerning reimbursements of funds paid by you under any insurance claim.
Airlines & Airfares: if a promotional airfare is broken or extended for any reason, an additional cost may be incurred. Airfares are subject to change at any time. Changes to flight itineraries and name changes may result in penalties charged by Trafalgar and/or the airline concerned passed on to the passenger. Promotionally priced bookings may be subject to additional cancellation or change fees; please refer to specific promotion terms, conditions and restrictions.
General Information and Conditions
Tour Prices: Are based on costs, charges, tariffs, rates, prices, taxes, levies and exchange rates as at time brochures went to print. Should these change, the price of your holiday may increase. No surcharges in respect of cost or currency fluctuations will be made once payment for the deposit of your land tour is received. This does not apply to fuel surcharges and any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or their agencies. In exchange for these guarantees, no refund will be made if costs are reduced. Please note that if the total tour price increases by more than 10%, passengers will have the right to cancel their tour within 7 days of notification of the surcharge without penalty.
Tour Participation: Children under 5 years of age are ineligible on coach tours. Children under 8 years of age are ineligible on River Cruises. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Passengers with disabilities are welcome on Trafalgar's tours provided they are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all necessary assistance, and do not require special assistance from Trafalgar personnel. Trafalgar reserves the right to refuse to carry anyone if it is felt the individual cannot cope with the requirements of coach tour travel and who may require services and facilities that Trafalgar cannot guarantee will be available. You agree to not hold the Trafalgar group of companies responsible for any decision made by any of them or any service provider to refuse to carry you, provide any facilities or accommodation to you or to provide any service to you.
For the benefit of all tour members, Trafalgar reserves the right to accept or reject, or remove any tour member whose conduct is considered to be incompatible with the interests of other tour members. Trafalgar is not responsible for any costs incurred if we have to terminate a tour member¡¯s tour due to unacceptable behaviour.
Pets are not permitted on Trafalgar trips.
Young Traveller 5 ¨C 17 discount: A child or teen under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The young traveller must be the specified age at the time of travel to be eligible for a 10% discount and is limited to one young traveller discount per room. This discount cannot be combined with our Travel with Friends discount.
Itinerary Variations: Trafalgar constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary - we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. At certain peak periods duplicate departures may operate, and sometimes in reverse order in which case hotels may vary from those stated on itinerary pages in the Trafalgar brochure and website. Trade fairs or other events occasionally cause changes from scheduled hotels. In these and in other cases substitute hotels may be used and will be of a similar standard and location whenever possible. On tours that include cruises the ship may be changed due to operational reasons. Ports of call on Mediterranean cruises may be curtailed if weather conditions do not permit docking. On tours that include cruises the ship may be changed due to operational reasons.
Extended Stays: If you have arranged with us extra night accommodation at a destination before or after your tour, please understand your stay will be at your sole expense as is the transfer from or to the airport. Regrettably, Trafalgar cannot provide free transfers in any European city to either the hotel or airport for passengers booking extra night accommodation before or after their tour. Please also be aware that if your extra night hotel is not the hotel where your tour begins, you will be responsible for your own transfer arrangements at your own expense. Additional transfers can be purchased from Trafalgar (see brochures for further details or your travel agent).
Extensions/Land tours on River Cruises: Trafalgar reserves the right to reschedule and/or cancel land extensions or land tours if the minimum number of participants (20 people) is not reached or for safety reasons. If you cancel a pre or post extension ninety (90) days or less before departure, penalties as shown on the cancellation scale will apply to the price of the extension.
Arrivals and Departures: It is essential to allow at least one day before and after your tour if you are joining your Trafalgar tour in London (see brochures for further details or your travel agent).
For your comfort: Trafalgar operate a daily seat rotation system and particular seats on coaches cannot be booked. Also there is a strict non-smoking policy on board coaches; however, regular comfort stops are made on travelling days.
Tour Cancellation: Trafalgar reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any tour departure in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control. Trafalgar is not responsible for any other travel arrangement affected due to our cancellations.
Single Travellers: for single travellers purchasing the Twin Share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms.
Travel Insurance: Trafalgar recommends that all passengers purchase comprehensive travel insurance. Certain countries have a requirement for foreign visitors to have valid medical insurance on entry. Trafalgar cannot be held responsible if a passenger is denied entry for being unable to provide details to the authorities of such insurance.
Complaints procedure: Should you have a complaint in respect of your holiday, you should inform your Tour Director/Representative immediately. If the matter cannot be resolved after the Tour Director's/Representative's best endeavours to do so during the holiday, your complaint can be made in writing to your local Trafalgar office.
Delhi Tourist Taxi , (Destination America Inc for USA & Canada), Trafalgar Operations Limited, Brendan Worldwide Vacations (South America) and Uniworld S.A (River Cruises & China) referred to as the Operators, are the agents for Trafalgar Tours International Ltd., who have empowered the Operators on its behalf to undertake the following duties:
1. The Operators shall be responsible to the passenger for supplying the services and accommodations described in this brochure, except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the Operators. In such circumstances, the Operators will do their best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries and there shall be no refund in this connection.
2. This website represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the above mentioned Operators.
3. In the absence of their own negligence, neither the Operators nor their agents or co-operating organizations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitution of equipment of any act, variations, postponements, omission or default whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof, such as changes in services, accommodations or facilities necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from loss, negligence or delay from the act, error, omission default or negligence of any person not its direct employee or under its exclusive control, including any act, error, omission, default, or negligence of any country, government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the participant.Baggage cover is recommended. The Carriers, accommodation and other suppliers providing services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, servants or joint ventures of the operators or their affiliates. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by the operators are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the carriers and suppliers and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied. Carriage by sea is subject to the Carrier¡¯s Conditions of Carriage, which are expressly incorporated into this contract, copies of which are available upon request. The Operators are not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
4. Where the passenger occupies a motorcoach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the Operators nor their agents or co-operating organisations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or for any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or incident.
5. Transportation companies, airlines etc. are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not on board planes, transportation or conveyances. We rely on international conventions which may apply to the services provided by us, our suppliers or agents with respect to any claim of any nature brought by you against us as a result of the provision of those services. International conventions that may apply include: Warsaw Convention 1929, (as amended by Hague Protocol and Montreal protocol) in relation to air travel, or Montreal Convention; the Berne Convention for rail travel; Athens Convention 1974 for carriage by sea; the Geneva Convention for carriage by road and the Paris Convention 1962 for hotels. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of these conventions on limiting our liability in relation to any claim for death, injury, loss, damage and delay to passengers and luggage. Enrolment in and payment for a tour, shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of the terms and conditions set forth in our brochure which cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company.
6. All matters arising are subject to English law.
7. Trafalgar Tours (South Africa) Pty Ltd. is only responsible for the services of reservations and ticketing. It does not accept any responsibility or liability for any of the acts, omissions or defaults, whether negligent or otherwise, of its principal Trafalgar Tours International Ltd., or any of the companies of the Trafalgar group of companies.
8. In the case of computer or human billing error we reserve the right to re-invoice passengers with correct billing.
9. Every effort is made to ensure brochure and website accuracy, however Trafalgar cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
All bookings made with any provider of any transport, facilities, meals, other goods or of any services are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by them in relation to matters not covered particularly and expressly by our agreement with any of the above-mentioned Operators in the Trafalgar group of companies.
If you decide that you do not want to visit a country or part of a country you intended to visit because of any law, condition or requirement of any government authority, official, servant or agent, you are responsible for any costs, expenses, charges, fees, losses or damage incurred as a consequence and any cancellation or amendment fees.
None of the companies in the Trafalgar group of companies, or any of their servants or agents, accept any responsibility or liability for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, condition or circumstances.
It is your responsibility to comply with the terms, conditions or requirements of any service provider, or any country or governmental authorities, or to bear any costs or losses incurred as a consequence of you not complying with them.
Your booking arrangements are to be made by you or your Travel Agent and the person effecting the booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions.
Your Cruise Ticket Contract (For River Cruises)
Transportation aboard the ship is provided solely by the shipowners and charterers pursuant to the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract that you will receive prior to embarkation. A copy of the form of the cruise ticket contract terms and conditions will be provided upon request. Please note that the cruise ticket contract includes a clause specifying the courts of Basel Switzerland as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes. The cruise ticket contract is governed by the law of Switzerland and is subject to limitations of liability and time limits for making claims under the Athens Convention Relating to the Carriage of Passengers and their Luggage by Sea, 1974 ("Athens Convention") and the International Convention on Limitation of Liability for Maritime Claims, 1976 ("1976 Convention").
Things to Know Before You Go
Passports & Visa: You are responsible for all visas, permits, necessary health requirements, and any other documents as required by laws, regulations and orders of the countries visited. All passengers traveling in Europe require a Passport, valid for 6 months beyond the conclusion of their trip, and with appropriate visas. All passengers travelling in Canada and the USA must be in possession of a machine-readable passport and applicable visas. Some of our tours enter a country more than once, therefore, multiple-entry visas may be required for some countries. Please contact your Travel Agent or applicable Government authorities to get necessary travel information. It is the responsibility of each passenger to have a valid Passport and necessary visas, as well as to comply with entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited
The Operators and/or their employees and their agents are not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by you for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited.
Travel Documents: Your tour documents and travel literature will be sent to you prior to departure. Please read this information carefully, before departure - as it contains a wealth of advice and essential information to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.
Arrivals & Departures: It is essential to allow at least one day before and after your tour if you are joining your Trafalgar tour in London. (see brochures for further details or contact your travel agent).
Plan Your Budget: You are advised to do this well in advance and be sure to allocate funds for special events whilst on tour, such as theatre, celebration meals, shopping and side trips, and most importantly, Additional Optional Tours, see brochures for details or contact your travel agent.
Electricity: Electrical adapters are needed if you wish to take along a hair dryer, electric razor, etc. Most hotels in Europe supply 220 volts and 110 volts in USA and Canada. Check with your local electronic store or department store to purchase necessary adapters for such appliances.
Holidays & Changes: During local or national holidays abroad, certain facilities such as museums, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited. In such instances and whenever possible; slight itinerary adjustments are made by Trafalgar Tours to minimise inconvenience to tour members. If, however, your enjoyment might be diminished by such minor limitations, please check with the respective national tourist office before selecting a departure. Holidays, closing days and other circumstances may change the day of the week for scheduled "dining out", gala dinners, sightseeing and other activities.